I spoke too soon. Friday night/Saturday morning, Rianna woke up at 0245. I took her temp and gave her some of her pain medicine (it has Tylenol in it). She was 103.3. I gave her another 20 minutes and rechecked her temp. She didn't go down...she went up to 104.4. OH GREAT. I know that the infamous Influenza A, subtype H1N1 has been going through the schools like crazy. We were lucky that Jordin got through her surgery and recovery without getting it. We knew it was a gamble and we really needed to proceed with her surgery. Frankly, after 4 months, 8 antibiotics, and most recently 3 straight weeks of antibiotics, we were done fighting strep throat. The antibiotics weren't working anymore and the constant sore throats were just taking it's toll. So, as I sit in the ER waiting to see the doctor, looking at my precious little baby (when they're sick, they remind us moms of the precious time before they learned how to talk back), the dread sinks in. WHAT did I do to my little girl?! I had to remind myself that she did need the surgery and there's nothing that can be done about it now. The doctor said there's no point in testing her because the tests are too-often inaccurate. He said she has it, even if the test were to show that she doesn't. They're not giving anti-viral meds to just anyone--only the "high risk" people. Well, THANKFULLY she had surgery less than 48 hours prior so she was considered "high risk". They changed her antibiotics in case of pneumonia. He said he didn't think she has it, but it is a possibility. And, she got Tamiflu :) YAY!! In under 24 hours, after only 2 doses, her fever is down to normal!! She still has a junky, productive cough; an upset tummy with occasional vomiting; and of course her throat still hurts. BUT, thankfully we have friends and family who have been praying for her all weekend and great medicine! Medicine works, but Jesus makes it work harder and more effectively! THANK YOU!!!!!!! Rianna is considered contageous until she can be fever-free without medication for at least 24 hours. Well, since she's on medication for her tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy for another week, I'm planning on her being home for the week. I'll have to talk to Dr. tomorrow and ask for sure. In the meantime, we're all just sitting and waiting for the other shoe to drop. Dennis can handle it, I know that and I'm not too worried about him. Jordin won't be considered "high risk" so she'll have to sit and suffer and that will be hard. But, me....oh, immunocomprimised me....When it hits, I'll probably be in the hospital. Let's hope that I don't end up in McKennan. Ideally, I'd like to be able to fight it at home. It's so weird to look at something like the flu and be scared of the fight ahead. I'm still not used to it. But after I had pneumonia, spent a week in the hospital and a month fighting it, I really don't want to go through that again. I'm not like most people; I will for-sure be getting Tamiflu. Even if they have to overnight it via Fed Ex!!! haha!! That stuff is GOLD to me!! Just seeing what it's done for Rianna...I've never been so impressed by a medication before. Course, I've never seen medication work under the power of so many prayers! Praise Jesus!!
I'll try to keep you all posted on the rest! We love you!! Keep praying for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment