Tickle me happy--it's TUESDAY!!
I have almost nothing to write about. So, today you'll just get an update into our little world.
Today, Dennis did a ton of cleaning. I still have boxes and things that need to find a home. I've been doing little bits here and there, but next thing I know it's already been FIVE months and we're still "in process". Very un-cool for me. We're in a transitional place right now. Dennis will be getting out of the guards soon; he has been gainfully un-employed for a month now; and he still has a lot to do! Since his obligation to the guards and to his job have been/are being terminated, this will be our year to downsize. That's not the right word. What I mean is, get rid of as much crapl as we possibly can. Why? you ask. Well, it's finally time for us to pack up and get out of here! So, while we camp out in this trailer all winter, Dennis will be looking for another job and working on wrapping up his military career. So when I tell you that Dennis did a lot of cleaning today, I don't mean he dusted and mopped. I mean, he took many things to Goodwill, he threw out lots of stuff, and donated various other belongings. We're still looking for a good home for the bunk-bed frame and the desk. At this point, I'd much rather give them away. Less crap means less crap to move this spring. The big down-side is leaving Kayly. But she's going to be 13 soon, and so she'll be able to come stay summers and holidays with us. Who knows, maybe she'll like it too. Of the last 10 years, we've lived in this dreaded town a total of four. The economy is in the toilet; the job market is slim. We're going to take advantage of this opportunity to open our arms wide and welcome change. This is a very over-due change for us. We're so excited to see what God has in store for us next!
If you or anyone you know, needs the bunk bed frame (it's a futon/double bottom, twin top black metal frame) please let me know! Or, if you're interested in a very nice desk, please drop me a line!
Rianna and Jordin are seeing the ENT doctor tomorrow. We are planning on surgery for both on Thursday. Tomorrow we will let the doctor look at Rianna's tonsils and see what's in store for him. He saw Jordin last year. They're going for different reasons, though. Rianna has sore throats almost daily. She's finishing up her 4th antibiotic since July. She has huge tonsils and a lot of strep in her short 8-year-life. Jordin is going for airway obstruction. She snores when she sleeps and when she wakes up, she doesn't feel rested at all. We are hoping with better sleep, she will have more energy and not feel so run-down all the time. Her tonsils are almost as big as Rianna's. The girls have a 4-day weekend with Native American Day on Monday. (here in SD, we don't celebrate Columbus Day, seeing as how the land was already "discovered") And with Daddy being non-employee of the month, he can be Daddy of the Month!! I'll post more on them when I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Found a home for the bunk beds!! Still have a desk!! Any takers??
ReplyDelete